We have decided to move back to New Hampshire the end of January. There were a lot of reasons that factored into it, and it wasn't an easy one. My son and I were 50/50 on staying or going. What pushed us over to the NH side? THIS..........
That isn't fair to him. He has a right to live his life, and I don't want to stop that. I adore my children, and love that they want to help me, but I won't let it stand in the way of building their own lives.
We will stay with my parents for a few months while we get our ducks in a row. There are several properties for sale that are well within my budget, so we are going to see about buying a place, which is something I never though I would be able to do up there. Prices have been so high the last 10 years. It's equaling out though. No matter what I buy, it won't be anything fancy, as I'm not a fancy person. I can guarantee that it will need work, but I'm ok with that. It has to have land though, because we will still be homesteading.
We will still be homesteading, it's just going to be on hold for a little bit while we get things set up. One of the advantages of this is, we are looking at what we have done here, and evaluating it. Things that worked well, things that didn't. One thing we have both agreed on, is we will not get any animals until their enclosures are fully ready. We made the mistake of accepting animals onto the homestead that caused us to have to rush at the last minute to get proper housing or fencing set up. We don't want to do that again. We will take it slow and steady, getting things set up before we get the animals.
So stay tuned for big changes on the blog, as I share what I am learning, and the new adventure of getting back to family and buying a place. Thanks for your patience.